The Plus LabelPrinter module allows the users to configure and print barcodes from the Plus Workflow or the Plus DMS system form. To ensure full control over the scanned documents, contracts, and invoices, the Plus LabelPrinter introduces a unique numeration. The generated and affixed to the documents barcodes are readable to various scanning applications such as Kofax Capture and Kofax Express, QuickScan, TIS eFLOw, ReadSoft, or Abbyy FlexiCapture. Besides, this module is also compatible with barcode printers such as Dymo and Zebra. It allows reading the codes using a code reader. The QuickScan application enables scanning a whole set of documents and their automatic separation based on the barcodes. It is essential to emphasize that the barcodes act as separators during the scanning.
A Plus LabelPrinter is another functionality of the Plus Workflow system. It allows the users to print barcodes directly from the form level in the system. It is often used to print address labels for correspondence or barcodes for documents.
Scope of the functionality:
- full control over the documents by the usage of barcodes;
- the user can print barcodes to affix them to a selected document. The scanning application QuickScan enables scanning an entire set of documents and their separation based on the barcode. The barcodes act as separators during scanning;
- barcodes on the documents may act as an automatic indexing mechanism;
- the custom version of the module allows generating two-dimensional codes;
- the module is configured from the server level (one place), which significantly facilitates the maintenance and conservation of the barcodes system in the organization in the case of distributed installations.
The Plus LabelPrinter module is available in the Plus Workflow system immediately after the uploading. To use the code printing functionality, the user must create the selected process. Then, the system launches the Plus LabelPrinter view.
License characteristics of the plug-in:
- License – for the server, an unlimited number of users, processes, and documents,
- The component designed for the server version of the Plus Workflow,
- The component is available with the Plus Workflow system license from version 2.8.
Configuration performed from the server-level is facilitation for companies with distributed installations. Dymo printers – supported browser from version IE7, with the support of the ActiveX format. However, for Zebra printers, it is necessary to install the Java JRE 1.6 (or higher) virtual machine.
The module works on any browser. Moreover, the Plus Label Printer may be adapted to other printers as part of additional paid services.
The system provides comprehensive support for all types of barcodes: Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, UPC-A, UPC-E, Code 11, EAN-13, EAN-128, EAN-8, ITF-14, GSI, DataBar, etc.