The BPM class system enables the management of business processes and documents in an enterprise. The Workflow platforms support the electronic flow of documents and reflect and automate the business processes. We are talking then about digitizing business processes.
Therefore, the BPM system allows reflection: production processes, processes implemented under the quality assurance system according to ISO 9000 standards but also processes related to advertising, promotion, and sales. Moreover, it allows for a wide range of integration between various external systems.
The Plus Workflow business process management system is a modern and safe IT solution that automates and streamlines business processes. Thanks to the Plus Workflow, it is possible to reduce their costs and shorten the time of their implementation by:
- process automation – many activities in the process are performed automatically, do not require employees intervention,
- process flow coordination – the system coordinates the workflow between organizational units, as it enforces the implementation of standardized procedures,
- eliminate activities of no value – the system eliminates actions that do not bring value to the client, e.g., waiting for documents or repeating the same action,
- location independence – the system allows for the implementation of the process regardless of the contractor’s physical location (access from the level of a web browser),
- fast access to information – the system enables immediate access to the required information, according to the permissions,
- analytical possibilities – the increased possibilities of processes’ analysis based on various reports,
- process search – the ability to quickly find a given task in a specific process and check the status of its realization,
- increased security – the access to information and tasks only for the authorized users; the data stored in the system may be additionally archived to eliminate the risk of documents loss.
The Plus Workflow is equipped in the graphic modeling studio, intuitive interface, unlimited access from the web browser level, analytical module, mechanisms optimizing the work with documents, a reflection of organizational structure, open programming interface (SDK), different formats management, operational platforms and databases, and many others.
In addition, the Suncode specialists may support the clients with the consultancy from the modeling and optimization of business processes.
Business processes management in a company
Successful companies need an efficient process management system. As a result, they develop, respond to customer needs, keep up with changes and, above all, achieve their goals. How to create a strategy that will allow you to master all the processes taking place in the organization in practice? It is worth seeking support from us – we are a leader in the development and implementation of IT systems that have improved the performance of many companies. Our offer is used by both small enterprises and corporations operating on an international scale. We develop our skills ourselves through cooperation with the best. We create systems with various entrepreneurs in mind. Our efforts are appreciated – we enjoy a good reputation among our clients, to whom we provide tools for effective process management. Join them!
Types of processes
Before dividing the processes in the company, it is worth answering the question – what is a process? As the definition says, a process is a sequence of activities that need to be performed to obtain a given effect. Each of them may consist of smaller units, so-called sub-processes. It also may be a part of another, bigger process. The type and number of processes within a company are dependent on its industry, customers, and many other factors. For each organization, it is essential to establish an individual strategy of processes management. Remember that the process is a sequence of actions within one nexus, such as production, sales, advertising. There are many ways to divide processes into different types, which helps in their efficient management. One of the most classic models is the division into basic and auxiliary processes.
The basic ones include:
- the activities related to the preparation of production materials,
- product creation,
- sales tasks,
- advertising and marketing,
- after-sales services such as customer satisfaction surveys and servicing.
The auxiliary ones include:
- organization and employees management,
- improvement of services or products, i.e., development to improve the quality of the offer.
The processes in the company can also be divided according to their functions. In this way, we distinguish activities:
- logistic– activities from the supply of materials, through production to the distribution of finished products,
- regulatory – their aim is the adjustment of the method of production and the capacity of the workforce to produce the assumed number of products,
- informative – responsible for the information management within the enterprise,
- control – allowing to supervise the quality of the product, its performance, and compliance with the requirements of a given order.
After completing the list of processes in a company, it is essential to determine the link between them. It is easy if we know their scheme, which is very helpful in process management. Naturally, it is easy for people with analytical knowledge or experience in the preparation of process schemes. At this point, it is important to optimize the entire process path. It is best to confide this task to the specialists who will prepare a business process that suits your expectations.
The process consists of the entrance point – the start of the process. Then, there are the consecutive tasks and the exit point – the end of the process. Determining the course of the process starts from the backward, that is, from the end of the process. List all possible effects of a given sequence of events. It is worth analyzing carefully whether other factors are needed for their occurrence. Only after it is possible to define all the data that are crucial to start the process. For this purpose, it is enough to analyze the exit elements and think about what is essential to obtain the required effects and the entire process path. It is an important point that protects from the blanks in the process map. Based on the above information, the next stage of process management is started, i.e., establishing the links between them. Thanks to that, it is possible to determine how they influence each other. Such a scheme allows identifying activities that are significant, less important, and those that are only a waste of time. This is a stage during which it is possible to optimize processes already existing in an enterprise but may be prepared wrongly.
Is process optimization important?
Actions that have the greatest impact on other sequences of events are considered important. Processes influenced by other sequences of events are referred to as more susceptible, i.e., less important. Designating important processes allows you to manage resources, which is particularly important in times of crisis. An organization allows financial means or engage human resources in the most effective activities. There is even a special classification of post-sales service processes in compliance with their importance. The following processes are distinguished:
- necessary – whose form cannot be changed in any way and which are necessary to deliver value to customers,
- essential – giving a certain value to the recipients, but it is possible to manage them better: reduce or improve,
- non-essential – intended for elimination.
Determining the importance of the task is hard. That is why it is worth turning for help to unbiased specialists. Based on our knowledge and experience, we determine which areas give the company real opportunities for development and which it is better to give up on. Our verdicts are based on thoughtful analysis. The differentiation of the relevant processes from irrelevant ones is a basis for successful processes management.
Mapping is a scheme creation. Processes are subject to mapping, which allows determining the order of events taking place within them. It is worth indicating how mapping influences process management. This operation is performed to:
- introduce some standards or procedures within the company,
- implementation of the quality management system,
- improvement of the organization’s activities in certain areas,
- checking whether obtaining certain data is actually profitable.
The strategy to facilitate this is to move top-down. Mapping is divided into:
- The description of activities that follow one another – in process management, the focus should be on the actual state, not the intended one. It is worth using a block diagram for this, popular, for example, in algorithmics. It is possible to conduct the mapping using computer programs, sticky notes, or simply drawing a diagram on a piece of paper.
- Clarifying the course of the process – determining all paths from one stage to the other. In case of discontinuity, it is essential to add another action or activity.
- Assigning functions to people – determination of which employee is responsible for a given activity. The given tasks need to be assigned in compliance with the employees’ competencies.
- Supply – providing resources for the implementation of a given process and defining documentation for its description.
- Control of the entrance and exit stages – it is important to reassure that all aspects have been factored in the processes. If there are any shortcomings t the final stage of management, the process flow needs to be reassigned.
To conduct a reliable process mapping, it is essential to involve people who know the course of tasks. Professional process management requires close cooperation between superiors and employees who perform the tasks. It is worth carrying out mapping in a group of employees, thanks to which the diagram contains as much detailed information as possible. To determine whether a given process is working properly, it should be analyzed or measured by suitable indicators. The most frequently used indicators are those of the following nature:
In practice, individual indicators should be assigned to each process. Indicators matching is only the first stage of the assessment of processes management. To improve the process, it is important to create a dedicated system for measurement, control, and analysis. You must beware of extremes when setting indicators. What does it mean? The process does not need to have just one indicator – you can create more if needed. On the other hand, the number of indicators should not be overstated to avoid creating unhelpful criteria. Importantly, the indicators may, or even should be, change along with the company’s development.
It is worth adding that in process management, common sense and analytical knowledge are most useful. You cannot expect to gain control over all possible aspects of the processes taking place in the company. Too much meticulousness does not bring the expected results – it may harm or be a waste of time. Business process management is a key element in any organization. Its improvement brings tangible benefits. It is an effective tool for achieving goals and building your position in the domestic and global market. If you want to improve the company’s operations in these two areas – contact us. We provide solutions that are adjusted to the activities of our clients and allow for effective management of processes in any enterprise. Together, we will make your company achieve market success.